Daily with booking, except Good Friday and Holy Saturday
09:00 to 11:00, 12:30 to 16:30
Guided tours are only possible between 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Sundays and public holidays
No guided tours on Mondays
10 days notice required
length of time
30 minutes — can be extended to 45 or 60 minutes for a fee
max. number of participants
100 people (for groups of less than 100 people, further groups up to a maximum of 100 people will be booked if there is high demand).
|from 10 people, per person|
|adults 45 minutes||EUR 6,00|
|adults 60 minutes||EUR 8,00|
|less than 10 people, flat rate per group|
|30 minutes||EUR 40,00|
|45 minutes||EUR 60,00|
|60 minutes||EUR 80,00|
Communion and Confirmation children free (applies only to groups and if the guide can be held by a monk)
English (Italian, French, Spanish only on request)
No guided tours are offered in the premises and gardens of the monastery.
Information and reservation:
- Allow about a 10-minute walk from/to the bus parking lot or ship landing stage, as it is not possible to drive through to the monastery.
- From about May to September there is a shuttle bus from/to the car park. Information on this is available from the monastery tavern on 09441 67570. Here you can also find out the current fees for the Weltenburg visitor car park.
- The meeting point for guided tours of the church is the visitor center, where payment is made in advance in cash or by voucher. The group will then be received in front of the monastery church.
- Bookings are only valid with a written confirmation from us. Please give the tour guide a copy of this letter.
- If you arrive late, the full tour or demonstration time cannot be guaranteed.
Cancellation fees: cancellation up to 8 working days before the appointment free of charge, then EUR 30.00 per group and booking
- In the event of non-arrival without cancellation, the last reported number of people forms the basis for calculation.
- The number of participants can be changed free of charge up to 2 working days before the date. This number forms the basis for calculating the entrance fees. We release a tour guide.